Full Time Reporter/Digital Journalist
Miracle Channel is growing! A full time digital journalist is needed in the Production Department. The successful candidate would be responsible for content creation and reporting for our daily news show. The ability to research, interview, write and produce on tight deadlines for television & various media will be required daily. Candidates must be proficient with general computing and have excellent communication skills. Experience in broadcast media is essential.
It’s important for all production and on-air talent to represent Miracle Channel’s core principles; This is reflected in, but not limited to community PR events, and the company’s online presence.
Applicants with experience in non-linear editing, camera operation, journalistic photography and social media management should apply today with their cover letter, resume, and samples of their work to:
403-380-3399 x 2311
Full Time Data Entry Clerk
Miracle Channel is growing! A full time data entry clerk is needed. The successful candidate would be responsible for computer imputing and supporting digital systems involved in day-to-day operations of a TV Station. This role will include but is not limited to data entry, file transferring, file management, implementation testing and expanding our online and video streaming presence. The ideal candidate will have experience and be proficient in Microsoft and Apple operating systems.
The right candidate will be a highly motivated self-learner who is always interested in taking on new challenges. This role demands a high level of attention to detail, good critical thinking skills, and the ability meet aggressive deadlines. At Miracle Channel, teamwork is vital, however this position will include projects where you’d be working independently too.
If you think you’d be an asset to Miracle Channel, please submit your resume to:
403-380-3399 x 2224
Full Time Graphic Designer
As a Graphic Designer at Miracle Channel you have an opportunity to flex your creative muscles in many areas of design. It is the design teams responsibility to drive the overall expression of the Miracle Channel brand(s) by designing solutions in advertising, social media, email, as well as printed items such as devotional layouts, trade show materials, and booth designs. You see the opportunity to make a project better every step of the way and have the skills to take a concept and turn it into something complete.
What you get to do:
- Work on a variety of projects including print, presentations, advertising, identity, brand development and digital
- Collaborate with the production team to ensure designs are consistent with expectations and project goals
- Create compelling digital and traditional media experiences
- Ability to explain design concepts and manage design feedback
- Apply theories related to colour schemes, use of space, text placement, usability and visual flow
- Work with provided design direction to help elevate creative
- Take ownership of managing workload
What we’re looking for:
- Creative mindset!
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Strong composition skills, sophisticated design & layout sensibilities, creative typographic solutions
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate on a team
- Organization, attention to detail, problem solving, time-management skills
- Ability to take feedback and incorporate into your designs
- Motivated with an upbeat, positive attitude and great energy
- Efficient and flexible, with an ability to work well with others in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in UX design and/or Motion design a plus.
Send a Portfolio or work that you have created
Miracle Channel is looking for an enthusiastic and hardworking applicant to fill the Marketing/Office Assistant position.
- Undertake daily administrative tasks to ensure the functionality and coordination of the office’s activities (purchase office supplies, drive to the post office, etc)
- Work closely with the Station Manager to facilitate internal communication (e.g. distribute information, schedule meetings, etc)
- Assist the Marketing Manager in the organizing of promotional events and traditional or digital campaigns and attend them to facilitate their success
- Provide support to other managers in organizing various projects
- Update spreadsheets and databases with statistical, financial and non-financial information
- Communicate directly with donors as required
What Skills and Experience We Require:
- Previous job experience in an administrative role is an asset
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to think proactively and prioritize work
- Experience exercising discretion and confidentiality with sensitive company information
- Good understanding of office management and marketing principles
- Demonstrable ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines
- Well-organized with a customer-oriented approach
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Exquisite communication and people skills
- Valid driver’s license
Social Media Coordinator
The role of a Social Media Coordinator would suit an enthusiastic marketing professional with the ability to work and excel in a fast-paced environment. Someone who is creative, hands-on and keen to take on both social media and digital marketing responsibilities. You should have a base understanding of digital marketing theory and social media.
Supporting the Marketing Manager, you will:
- Help facilitate the voice of Miracle Channel through email, blogs, and all social channels;
- Execute and analyze online advertising strategies;
- Execute and measure experiments and conversion tests (i.e. A/B testing) to optimize user funnels;
- Recommend improvements to site performance to improve user experience and conversion;
- Prepare ongoing reports of online campaigns; set up and maintain tools used to measure and analyze traffic and donation results against goals (ROI and KPIs);
- Conduct research and analysis of competitor sites and offerings;
- Support and execute activities included in the Marketing plan.
Excellent communication skills, creative flair, and the ability to thrive in a pressured environment, where you will work with tight deadlines to achieve the best results, are pre-requisites of this role.
What Skills and Experience We Require:
- Minimum of 1 year of real-world experience in a digital marketing/social media role;
- Base understanding of current online marketing concepts, strategy, and best practices;
- Content writing experience e.g. blog posts, web content, marketing materials, newsletters;
- Seamlessly flow back and forth between creative content creation and performance analytics;
- Knowledge of some digital media software – Photoshop or other graphic design software is an asset.